Thank you for this report
every year the period between april and october is a bad time
for our cars
extreme temperatures and humidty kill the performance
so here i have for you all a list of mods we can do to keep our cars cooler
and get the PERFORMANCE back or even INCREASE it
1. 180degree thermostat. Opens up the t stat sooner and gets the radiator water pumping sooner . its possible lower to maybe a 165. But a 180 is a safe and common choice that will not throw any codes (if you don't reach 178 within a few minutes of engine start your car will throw an info-only code that will annoy you but not hurt performance).
2. Lower radiator baffle mod. Make sure its only the lower baffle. Don't take off any more baffles or you can compromise radiatorefficiency to the point where it matters.the procedure is available here: https://www.lelandwest.com/auto-tech/lower-baffle.cfm
3. Brake fluid reservoir cover removal. Creates an exit path for hot air pushed back to the firewall. A minor thing but worth doing in extreme circumstances.
4. BIG radiator. Search for 'joelvan radiator'on google. This is the only one you should buy. Everything other option has much less cooling capacity, including the Mopar Maximum Duty radiatoryou may be able to find in Europe and the Middle East (it comes on the diesel LX's)..
5. Mopar Police Oil Cooler kit. Our cars have HOT oil for reasons I won't get into. The POC exchanges heat from the oil to the water cooling system
Don't be concerned about increasing load on your water cooling because you did Step 4
6. there are several heavy duty radiator options that will keep the car super cool
i will post a seperate thread with pictures
so thats it guys
these are super mods which would allow anyone to get the PERFORMANCE back in summer
especially if ur into racing or drags
have fun modding
التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة kar1zma ; 11-09-2015 الساعة 01:51 PM
stay tuned for a more detailed thread on radiaotors